CB 71421- 71422 (draft)
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, IIT (http://www.iit.it), is a private law Foundation, created with special Government Law no. 269 dated September 30th 2003 with the objective of promoting Italy’s technological development and higher education in science and technology. Research at IIT is carried out in highly innovative scientific fields with state-of-the-art technology.
Highly motivated and talented candidates with backgrounds in nanobiotechnology, biology, nanomedicine, nanotechnology, nanochemistry, biochemistry, bioengineering or related areas are invited to apply for the advertised positions.
The project objective is to develop protein nanoparticles for drug-delivery. These nanoparticles should exhibit highly controlled physical/chemical properties (eg. monodispersion and size tunability) and smart features (either active or passive) in delivering conventional drugs or small molecules with antioxidant properties. Bio-conjugation with functional biomolecules and in vitro cell studies will be performed.
Applicants are expected to have hands-on experience in synthesis of protein nanoparticles and their characterization, as well as their application to drug-delivery.
Experience in cell cultures is desired.
- PhD in nanobiotechnology, nanomedicine, nanotechnology, nanochemistry, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry or related areas.
- Experience in protein nanoparticles characterization and quantification along with their bioconjugation.
- Experience in albumin use for drug-delivery as well as knowledge of cell receptors-albumin (or albumin nanoparticle) interactions.
- Experience in proteomic techniques (2D-DIGE, MALDITOFTOF, protein quantification) and data analysis by Decyder.
- Proven track record of publications in the relevant technical areas and projects.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language and ability to manage/write papers.
Salary will depend on qualifications and experience and include additional health benefits.
Please note that this position is contingent on the signature of the relevant Grant agreement
In order to comply with Italian law (art. 23 of Privacy Law of the Italian Legislative Decree n. 196/03), the candidate is kindly asked to give his/her consent to allow Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia to process his/her personal data.
We inform you that the information you provide will be solely used for the purpose of evaluating and selecting candidates in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with its headquarters in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as the Data Holder, using computer and paper-based means, observing the rules on the protection of personal data, including those relating to the security of data, and they will not be communicated to thirds.
Please also note that, pursuant to art.7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, you may exercise your rights at any time as a party concerned by contacting the Data Holder.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.