Researcher TT (TT1)
I received my Ph.D. in Physics from the University of Montpellier in France, where I studied electromagnetic wave propagation in complex media, with an emphasis on nonlinear optical phenomena. I hold a M.Sc. degree in Science for Engineering from Sapienza University of Rome. I spent three years in Prof. David R. Smith's group at Duke Universityas as Postdoctoral Fellow first and as Research Scientist later.
Most of my research activity involves numerical modeling and investigation of electromagnetic propagation in complex media. In particular, nonlinear optical phenomena have constituted the principal subject of my studies, which required the employment of different numerical methods. My recent activity concerns nonlinear and nonlocal optical response of plasmonic nanostructures.
- C. Ciracì and F. Della Sala, Quantum Hydrodynamic Theory for Plasmonics: Impact of the Electron Density Tail, PHYS. REV. B 93, 205405 (2016).
- A. Moreau, C. Ciracì, J. J. Mock, R. T. Hill, Q. Wang, B. J. Wiley, A. Chilkoti, and D. R. Smith, Controlled reflectance surfaces with film-coupled colloidal nanoantennas, NATURE 492, 86 (2012).
- C. Ciracì, R.T. Hill, J.J. Mock, Y. Urzhumov, A. Fernandez-Dominguez, S. A. Maier, J. B. Pendry, A. Chilkoti, and D. R. Smith, Probing the Ultimate Limits of Plasmonic Enhancement, SCIENCE 337, 1009 (2012). The article was featured on the cover of the journal.
- G. M. Akselrod, C. Argyropoulos, T. B. Hoang, C. Ciracì, C. Fang, J. Huang, D. R. Smith, M. H. Mikkelsen, Probing the mechanisms of large Purcell enhancement in plasmonic nanoantennas, NAT. PHOTONICS 8, 835–840 (2014).
- F. Todisco, M. Esposito, S. Panaro, M. De Giorgi, L. Dominici, D. Ballarini, A. Fernandez-Dominguez, V. Tasco, M. Cuscunà, A. Passaseo, C. Ciracì, G. Gigli and D. Sanvitto, Towards Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics with Hybrid Photon Gap-Plasmon States, ACS NANO 10, 11360–11368 (2016).
- X. Chen, C. Ciracì, D. R. Smith, S.-H. Oh Nanogap-Enhanced Infrared Spectroscopy with Wafer- Scale Arrays of Buried Plasmonic Cavities, NANO LETT. 15, 107–113 (2015).
- A. Rose, T. B. Hoang, F. McGuire, J. J. Mock, C. Ciracì, D. R. Smith, M. Mikkelsen, Control of radiative processes using tunable plasmonic nanopatch antennas, NANO LETT. 14, 4797–4802 (2014).
- B. Lassiter, F. McGuire, J. J. Mock, C. Ciracì, R. Hill, B. Wiley, A. Chilkoti, D. R. Smith, Plas- monic Waveguide Modes of Film-Coupled Metallic Nanocubes, NANO LETT. 13, 5866 (2013).
- C. Ciracì and E. Centeno, Focalization of second-harmonic signals with nonlinear metamaterial lenses: A biphotonic microscopy approach, PHYS. REV. LETT. 103, 063901 (2009).