1 Post-Doc position for “Computational Soft Contact Mechanics” - [ Postdoc ]Added on: 29/01/2020 - Expires on 07/07/2020
The Center for Biomolecular Nanotechnologies in Lecce (CBM@UiniLe) is currently seeking a highly motivated, proactive and talented candidate with background in computational contact mechanics, fluid dynamics, modelling and simulation of interface mechanics, applied mathematics, or related areas. The position is industrially-funded as a part of a larger industrial research project. The aim of the project is to develop numerical models for the simulation of the interface processes occurring during the wetting/dewetting of thin fluid films among and across soft interacting interfaces, in order to predict the local interface flow and dissipation dynamics. Applicants will contribute to the analytical and numerical development of models for wet contact and interface mechanics, bulk materials and fluid behavior, as well as in computational methods. Additional experience in soft matter tribology will be a plus.
- PhD in engineering, condensed matter physics, applied mathematics, material science or related areas.
- Experience in computational methods and numerical modelling e.g. for contact mechanics, thin film fluid dynamic theory, multiphase flow is desirable
- Interest in code development
- Track record of publications in the relevant technical areas and projects will be a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English (specifically scientific language)
- Highly competitive salary
- Work with renowned scientists in the field
- Work in collaboration with industry R&D (publications welcome)
- State of the art equipment
- Very active international environment (academic & industry)
Location: CBN-IIT, Arnesano-Lecce, Italy.
Interested applicants should submit CV, list of publications, name and contacts of 2 referees and a statement of research interest to email@example.com by July 7, 2020 quoting “1 Post-Doc position for “1 Post-Doc position for “Computational Soft Contact Mechanics” CB 78105” in the subject line.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with its headquarters in Genova, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy’s technological competitiveness. The institute offers state-of-the-art equipment and a top-level interdisciplinary research environment focused on robotics and computer vision, neuroscience, drug discovery, nanoscience and technology.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Please note that the data that you provide will be used exclusively for the purpose of professional profiles’ evaluation and selection, and in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia. Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security. Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo[at]iit.it)